Amagi is a global leader in cloud-managed services for the Streaming TV and Broadcast TV industry. Amagi enables TV networks and content owners to distribute and monetize their content. Amagi’s clients include premium networks and platforms such as NBCU, CBS, PBS, Samsung TV Plus, Redbox, XUMO, Roku, A+E Networks, Viceland TV, MGM, ShortsTV, Yahoo! Finance, PeopleTV, Tastemade, Turner Corporation, Discovery Networks and more.
Amagi pioneered the use of cloud technologies in the broadcast industry, and today manages 350+ channels with deployments in more than 40 countries. Amagi is an advanced tier partner of Amazon Web Services (AWS), and works on the latest cloud technologies that are shaping the media and entertainment industry. Amagi has sales offices in New York, Los Angeles and London, and operations center in New Delhi, and an innovation center in Bangalore. For more information, visit www.amagi.com.
Job Responsibilities of Project Manager at Amagi Corporation:
● The Project Manager in the Customer Onboarding team will act as a main interface point with customers and partners to ensure customer’s success using Amagi’s product and Services
● Responsible for supervising a group of customers from the business and technical side. This involves maintaining and developing customer relationships; managing customer success; discussing and advising about technical solutions involving Amagi’s products and services; delivering contract commitments within cost targets; and helping to identify potential additional business opportunities within accounts.
● In this role you will require a combination of technical expertise in the Media Technology domain plus customer and partner relationship management skills to conduct on-site and off-site engagements. In this position you will work directly with engineers, managers and business users in order to understand business and technical needs and provide guidance towards solutions.
● Amagi is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Onboarding Team. Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing software product company.
● Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients , exciting growth path for technical, product and customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, and access to senior management
● You will oversee the successful delivery of all services under your management from kickoff to closeout, including determining agenda details and monitoring the progress to ensure it conforms to customer expectations and contractual agreements.
● You will need to maintain strong relationships with architects, technical teams, and leadership (both business and IT) across customers and partners’ organizations.
● Develop relationships with key business and technical stakeholders and act as a trusted advisor to major Amagi customers.
● Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
● Present software solutions to customers, from IT managers and technicians to C-level executives.
● Manage the delivery of technical orders.
● Being available for participating in escalations.
Product And Technical Knowledge
● Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Amagi Platform, be able to deliver a technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and beneﬁts, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning
● Understand the revenue drivers.
● Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
● Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product
Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
● Know when and where to escalate within the Amagi technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
● Manage engineers and other resources, support in escalation situations, performance, and general team coordination within your region.
● Coordinate team members and partners to ensure the right resources are working on the right tasks at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals.
● Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
● Build interpersonal relationships with other Amagi teams.
● Contribute to hire, on-board, train, and develop new team members.
● Verify all billing data to ensure existence, completeness and accuracy of revenues.
● Ensure the existence of supporting documents such as contracts, purchase orders, work orders, sign-offs etc. for the billing / revenue recognition.
We’ll need you to have a good foundation for establishing the technical and non-technical enablement needs for customer and partner teams and drive them to success.
Our ideal candidate has 3- 5 years of experience as a Project Manager with at least 2 in an external customer-facing position. Experience in running agile projects is preferable.
● Meeting Skills: The Candidate must be able to actively participate in meetings, ask any doubts, drive the meetings and organize the meeting as need be. They must not always be a silent listener
● Business Communications: The Candidate must be able to effectively and professionally communicate using various communication channels like Emails, IM, and Phone Calls
● Process Knowledge: The Candidate should be able to demonstrate that he/she has acquired a good amount of technical/non-technical process knowledge, as applicable, in their current or past roles.
● Comprehension Skills: The Candidate must be able to read and understand the various documents shared eg Sales Order/Solution Review/Pres-Sales Handoff etc. The
The candidate must be able to comprehend the various deliverables required of him in a project.
● Writing and Diagramming Skills: The Candidate must be able to write documents including diagrams and tables as required
● Presentation Skills: The PM must be able to prepare presentations and deliver them to the audience, as required. The presentations may include internal and customer
● Qualitative Analysis: The PM must be qualitatively able to analyse the requirements in PreSales Handoff/ solution & product being proposed and must be able to devise an approach towards delivering the project including obtaining high-level understanding of work to be performed and resources needed to do so.
● Schedule Management Skills (decomposition, sequencing): The PM must be able to decompose the work to be performed into a high-level work breakdown structure and be able to logically sequence/schedule the work to develop a high-level plan. The PM must take into account any restrictions being demanded by the customer e.g. strict schedule/timelines. The PM must also cater for the Project management activities.
● Resource management Skills: The PM must be able to deﬁne the Project team(i.e # of
resources and roles needed) and the project governance structure that is most apt for the project.
● Quantitative Analysis/Estimation Skills: The PM must be able to estimate the level of
effort (LOE) required by each resource role based on work breakdown structure and high-level plan/timelines
● Relationship Management: The Candidate should be able demonstrate how they fostered a relationship of trust with their customers in their current and previous role
Certiﬁcations (Preferable): Agile certiﬁcations – CSM® / PMI-ACP® / SaFE®
Domain Knowledge: Domain knowledge in Media technologies like OTT, Server Side Ad-Insertion, Video on Demand, Digital Broadcast is preferred.
Must have experience in customer-facing jobs earlier.