The Store People Manager’s role is designed to enhance associate capability and inspire engagement within the store(s) to support Walmart’s Corporate Objective’s.
1. Champion Associate Engagement and retention programs within the store, by ensuring Grass Roots meetings are executed, and partnering with Store Management to address issues where required. Support Store Manager in coordinating the annual Associate Opinion Survey, analyzing the results, communicating and executing the action plan to drive higher engagement
2. Drive HR Process and Compliance by deploying and managing effective and efficient HR policies, programs and processes within the store. Actively participates in the on-boarding process for all new team members, monitors and ensures timely execution of the performance review and probationary/trial review process. Act as a subject matter expert within the store, staying abreast of current legislation, HR trends and best practices, to ensure compliance to policy and employment laws, and process administration
3. Leads W Visit and Compliance Audit process by assessing in store execution of HR policies and programs within the store. Actively monitors action plans to ensure gaps impacting the associate and customer experience are closed. Teaches and develops capability on programs and process during the audit and follow up process.
4. Provide HR Leadership in collaboration with Market People Manager to implement new Corporate HR programs and shares timely, cost effective best practices across the team. Consult with MPM on Labour Relations issues, harassment investigations, serious disciplinary issues and concerns in store. Coach, train and guide Store Operations Management on the proper HR compliance and processes.
5. Identify and develop in store talent in partnership with Store Management to create store succession plans and align talent within the store structure to maximize efficient use of resources to meet the goals of the overall business plan. Take an active role in the recruitment process, ensuring compliance with job postings, applications and promotion processes within the stores. Utilizes community resources and builds relationships with external agencies / educational institutions to proactively source talent.
6. Enhance Learning and Development through the IDP process including, facilitation of tailored training within the store. Provides learning and development opportunities to Personnel Managers. Mitigate risk by ensuring Management is in compliance with relevant legal requirements
7. Drive diversity by identifying and removing barriers for associates. Ensure execution of company programs that support building diversity and is an advocate for all associates. Educate all Associates on diversity needs amongst store Associates and the external customer base.
8. Demonstrate Company values by providing Managers and Associates with timely, honest, specific and respectful performance feedback and suggesting corrective action. Build and manage relationships with supporting functions within the store and district .
9. Actively support change management at store level in partnership with store Management and MPM, while building effective business relationships with store team to understand the needs of the store and assist in developing innovative solutions. Is an advocate for the Open Door process, and models the necessary competencies consistent with Walmart’s 3 Basic Beliefs
10. Provides support in managing wage budgets through headcount management
11. SPMs must independently conduct high volume of complex, high risk, neutral workplace investigations, and make recommendations on findings and disciplinary action, up to and including termination.Age – 16 or older