To lead store operations according to Company guidelines, develop Managers and Associates and ensure friendly, helpful service to drive profitable store sales.
1. Drives Profitable Sales through achievement of sales and profit goals, budget management and sales forecasts. Proactively analyzes and utilizes sales/financial reports, economic trends and community needs to identify and respond to market changes while controlling expenditures. Communicates sales results to managers and associates and guides interpretation of results
2. Manages Operations through the creation of operational plans; prioritization, delegation and clear direction to managers and associates. Ensures optimal store conditions through effective merchandise presentation, accurate and competitive pricing and store standards within Company policies and guidelines. Implements new store programs according to Company direction, while evaluating effectiveness, monitoring perpetual inventory and replenishment, identifying problems with inventory flow and taking appropriate corrective action.
3. Executes and monitors asset protection and safety controls; maintains quality assurance standards; oversees safety and operational reviews while ensuring compliance with Walmart policies and procedures and with established safety, security, sales, financial and record keeping procedures and practices. Anticipates and proactively responds to compliance issues, including shrink control.
4. Serves Customers as an ambassador for their store by greeting customers, seeking their feedback and ensuring customer needs, complaints, and issues are resolved within Company guidelines to create a positive shopping experience. Models, enforces, and provides direction to associates on friendly and helpful customer service approaches and techniques.
5. Serves the community as a visible leader by participating in and supporting community events, developing relationships with key community groups, serving as a credible and effective spokesperson for the company. Acts as a Champion of company-sponsored programs, events, and sustainability efforts to associates and customers to emphasize the store’s role as an integral part of the community.
6. Leads Managers and Associates by conducting regular store meetings and communicating operational direction and initiatives. Drives Management and Associate engagement, recognizes and rewards accomplishments and provides opportunities for professional growth. Identifies high-potential associates, providing training and development to increase capability.
7. Demonstrates Company values by holding Managers and Associates accountable through timely, honest, specific and respectful performance feedback and corrective action. Builds and manages relationships with supporting functions within the store and district (e.g., Specialty Managers, District Loss Prevention Managers, People Managers, District Teams, etc.) as well as the Region/Home Office.
8. Adapts to constant changes in the technological landscape of the retail environment. Oversees the effective implementation of digital applications in the store, handles the training of the management team with respect to new OMNI processes and customer requirements.Age – 16 or older