Graduate Engineer Trainee (GET) Role Purpose
The purpose of this role is to design, test and maintain software programs for operating systems or applications which needs to bedeployed at a client end and ensure its meet 100% quality assurance parameters.
GET Responsibility in Company
- Instrumental in understanding the requirements and design of the product/ software.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes.
- Investigating problem areas followed by the software development life cycle
- Facilitate root cause analysis of the system issues and problem statement
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impactavailability
- Analyze client requirements and convert requirements to feasible design
- Collaborate with functional teams or systems analysts who carryout the detailed investigation into software requirements
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on software capabilities
- Perform coding and ensure optimal software/ module development
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis,problem definition, requirements, software development and proposed software
- Develop and automate processes for software validation by setting up and designing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, andexecuting these cases
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware,improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system
- Ensuring that code is error free or has no bugs and test failure
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications,activities and status
- Ensure all the codes are raised as per the norm defined for project / program / account with clear description and replication patterns
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and reports as requested
- Coordinating with the team on daily project status and progress and documenting it
- Providing feedback on usability and serviceability, trace theresult to quality risk and report it to concerned stakeholders
- Status Reporting and Customer Focus on an ongoing basis with respect to project and its execution
- Capturing all the requirements and clarifications from the client for better quality work
- Taking feedback on the regular basis to ensure smooth and on time delivery
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and betterassist other team members.
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation,flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Documenting very necessary details and reports in a formal way for proper understanding of software from client proposal to implementation
- Ensure good quality of interaction with customer w.r.t. e-mail content, fault report tracking, voice calls, business etiquette etc
- Timely Response to customer requests and no instances of complaints either internally or externally
Lists the competencies required to perform this role effectively:
- Functional Competencies/ Skill
- Leveraging Technology – Knowledge of current and upcoming technology along with expertise in programming (automation, tools and systems) to build efficiencies and effectiveness in own function/ Client organization – Competent
- Process Excellence – Ability to follow the standards and norms to produce consistent results, provide effective control and reduction of risk – Expert
- Technical knowledge – knowledge of various programming languages, tools, quality management standards and processes – Expert
- Behavioral Competencies
- Formulation & Prioritization
- Managing Complexity
- Execution Excellence
- Passion for Results